3/4/12

Letting Go

Letting go is one of the hardest things for me to do.
But I think the time for letting go is almost here.
We don't talk like we use to.
Conversation is always strained and repetitive.
You don't treat me like your favorite girl anymore, not even close.
I know I was always your first priority, but now I've become your last.
You tell me you still love me, but I can hear it in your voice that you don't.
It breaks my heart to think that we're growing apart, instead of growing closer.
You said we need to talk, and it made me feel even worse.
I know its been hard since I've been away, but you've always meant the world to me.
I just want you to hold me like you use to, and wipe away my tears.
I want you to kiss me at every red light we stop at, just like you use to.
You don't give me that look like you always did.
The one that secretly said, "I love you."
I miss how you always use to call me, just to ask how my day was going.
And I miss how you made me happy. 
I loved that we could talk for hours and it would never get old.
Now we fight for a scrap of conversation.
I hate that your words are careless.
I hate that I've been demoted.
You tell me you miss me, but you never ever visit.
Sometimes I wish we could start all over.
Or go back to how things use to be.
But I know things will never be the same between us.
I always wonder what I will do without you.
Sometimes I wish I never have to find out.
But I know the time is coming closer when I'm going to have to let you go.
It hurts to think about it.
Because you've always been my best friend.
But strangely I feel okay about it.
I feel like it might just be the right thing to do, even though it hurts.
I know its going to be hard, and it will break my heart.
But always know that I will love you. and you'll always be my best friend.



-McLovin'

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I've enjoyed the posts you have so far, this one is lovely.

    Followed and added your button to one of my blogs!
    happy blogging, looking forward to more-
    abbey

    ReplyDelete